SAUNDER PRESENTATION FW15

Thursday, March 12, 2015



What's going on with you guys ?

This day has been the longest, really, and I am SO ready to go to bed but first, I wanted to update you with some more NYFW content I have been editing and compiling. This is one of my favourite steps into the making of an article, editing that is, because it then reminds me of this amazing time I had and all of the gorgeous people and incredible talents I met. Among this season's lineup, the brilliant Emily Saunders went out of her way to bring us back to a fallen era that has been the scene of a now famous story taken place in her country of origin.

For Fall-Winter 2015, SAUNDER was creatively fueled by the story of Henry VIII's splitting from his first wife Catherine and subsequently, splitting with Rome. The collection, rich in textures and warmer, darker colors, cleverly nods to more traditional Anglo fabrics such as tweeds and tartans (to my greatest pleasure!), while the silhouettes witness a modern take on the Tudor Fashions and times !

I must say, as much as these designs put a big smile on my face, I wasn't to fond of hair and makeup this season; it contributed to create a different vibe all-around the Ed's Chowder House at the Empire Hotel, where the presentation was held. Plus, for me it really took the attention away from the masterpiece, Saunders work and this is not something I generally enjoy myself. That said, I am super sad I don't have any close-up shots of the models nail-art game that day to share with you, as it was just fantastic ! A really great job, executed by celebrity manicurist Patricia Yankee.

These looks ended up being my favourite's. Thoughts..?












The post SAUNDER PRESENTATION FW15 appeared first on PBTH **

No comments :

Post a Comment

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground