NYFW, Day 1

Sunday, March 1, 2015



Hi guys !

So I am finally back in Montreal and after my very challenging but oh-so fun New York-London-Milan Fashion Week circuit, Fashion Month is now over for me. I can't say I'm too sad about it; even though Fashion Weeks are an incredibly thrilling experience to live and witness, they're also a insane amount of work and preparation. Being back in home for a little while is exactly what I needed after those crazy 15 days and I am looking forward to take advantage of being back to spend time with my friends and family, focusing on University and giving everything I got for the upcoming mid-terms next week, and of course, resting before some other exciting trips in March. Did I get your attention here ? ;)

But before I spill the beans, let's have a look back at my overall Fashion Week season style, definitely kicking off 2015 on a bright bright bright note ! The first outfit I wore in New York was inspired by the very first show I got to attend this season, BCBGMAXAZRIA, which was channeling a more candid approach with its Fall-Winter 2015 collection. I went for this all-white Theory tailored pants suit from WINNERS, which I had gotten for only 30% of it's actual retail price. If you are not too familiar with the Canadian department store, it is definitely worth checking-it out as the brand is well-known all over the country for retailing designers sample pieces at ridiculously low prices. Their concept is that you will never pay more than 50% of the original price of an item, no matter which high-end brand it is; Givenchy, Michael Kors, Pink Tartan, Calvin Klein, Derek Lam, you name it.

Lately, I have been all about matching sets and coordinates, and the Theory white suit didn't go unnoticed ;) The perfect fit of the blazer, the length of the pants legs, the height of its waist, everything about it was on point, not to mention that gorgeous pure white colour which made my skin tone stand out more, along with this amazing bright pink fuzzy coat, also found among WINNERS racks. Definitely a steel for NYFW as the weather really wasn't on our side this year ! And besides, I figured wearing a big, chunky, thick coat could certainly allow me to go lighter underneath the Theory blazer, wearing a simple white bustier from Topshop Canada. Showing a little skin, but still keeping in mind that it is indeed Winter !

Accessory-wise, I didn't go too overboard; I thought an all-white leather backpack (also from WINNERS!) would be both nice looking and practical to carry around my notepads, pens, snacks camera and phone. I then completed my look with silver sandals from Topshop Canada, a stack of metallic Pandora bracelets, a statement necklace I am really fond of, bought at Banana Republic and the newest addition to my earrings collection, these stunning Tiffany & Co 'Return to Tiffany mini heart tag earrings Karl bought me for my Birthday. I figured with these babes at my ears, I might as well tie up my hair in a sleek, middle parted, low ponytail to showcase their beauty all around town ;)




















     






The post NYFW, Day 1 appeared first on PBTH **

1 comment :

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground