Michael Schwartz Restaurant at The Raleigh

Monday, February 2, 2015



Time has come for me to share with you, yet, another lifestyle experience I have had the opportunity to enjoy while in Miami for Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week SWIM. I actually wanted to share this with you a while ago but do to some publishing rights issues on our part, we had to postpone it until NOW ! I'm always so excited to tell you guys about places I've been eating at because to me, gastronomy is everything and I couldn't live a single more day if we were to never enjoy this little life pleasure again. Of course, I get that everyone might not live too long if we all stopped eating, laugh!, but I meant, if we ever were to find a way to feed ourselves without actually cooking, baking, preparing something, it would probably be the biggest heart-break of all my life ;) Okay so, now that we've pointed out that I love eating, on to the important stuff; the good stuff. In Miami, one of my all-time favourite restaurant to visit, to grab a bite, a drink or a full-on five-courses meal at, is the Michael Schwartz restaurant, inside the Raleigh Hotel. Oh, how I adore this place !

The Raleigh, being one of South Beach most coveted hotels by the Ocean, definitely was an ideal place to host and accommodate such a modern and fine eatery like the Michael Schwartz, and my personal guess would be that the hotel's rich history has probably influenced greatly the now mouth-watering contemporary American menu suggested at MSR. The restaurant features an indoor dining room set on the baroque pool deck, as well as on the terrace, and is also offering poolside and bar service, boxed beach lunches and in-room dining, seven days a week. Menus are updated daily with fresh, seasonal ingredients from the chef’s favorite farmers, ranchers and fishermen, and feature desserts by renowned pastry chef Hedy Goldsmith.

During SWIM week, Karl and I got to discover the lunch menu at MSR and have been truly impressed by the incredible cuisine and impeccable quality of service catered by the place. True to myself, I started of with a glass of bubbly (Perrier-Jouet Grand Brut, if I remember correctly!) and some oysters, as they really are a favourite of mine since always. On a more instructive note, did you know a portion of about six medium-sized oysters contains only 43 calories and 4.9 grams of proteins ? For so few calories, raw oysters pack a substantial serving of protein and the total fat content is 1.44 grams; as such, oysters are a low-fat, low-calorie food. Cheers !

The restaurant then, proceeded to bring us some little bites to nibble on, before the pièce-de-résistance was brought to us… The deviled eggs and shrimp toast that is, along with some green salad and grilled veggies. Thumbs up, really ! I did have to indulge in all of the eggs (oh, my poor little-self..!) since Karl thinks eggs cause him to break-out… Whatev's more for ;) But it did say the toasts were to die for. I enjoyed a bite myself and the subtle taste of shrimp and sesame mixed with the crisp of the toasts was on point. Salads and veggies were just an extra filler to feel less guilty about eating so much ! But if you prefer light dining, or are on a greens diet, there pretty safe and delicious choices.

As for our main's, Karl, true to himself, went for the pan roasted local fish with red lentil tabbouleh and yogurt sauce while I opted the grilled fish tacos and it's tomatillo salsa, avocado and cilantro mayo, with more greens on the side; jumbo asparagus and more salad that is. Of course, no need to brag about how good the food was, it was fantastic ! But the cooking of the white meat fish, that was something… Cooked to fluffiness perfection, a delight. We were both stunned by how it just melted in our mouths, even if Karl had his fish pan-roasted and mine was grilled. And those who know me well, know how much love some good tacos. I am so to speak, on a taco-diet, and MSR didn't fail to impress me and meet with my my dietary requirements ;) I absolutely loved that each main dish came along with a specially curated side that contrasted with the meat's taste, but also mixed super well with it.

I must confess, as much as I love tacos, I really almost did go for the Maine lobster roll of which I am such a fan ! Thing is, when in South Florida, one simply doesn't ignore a taco craving to the benefit of a typical Maine dish. That said, whenever I'll get to visit MSR again, that lobster will be mine ;) I figured I could have both, but then again, I would have had to skip dessert which, in my world, is no suitable option… Especially when facing this beyond-crazy indulgent crunchy milk chocolate & gooey salted caramel bar with pickled cherries and sweet cream ! Now, there is something I can't get over: the mix of sweetness & saltiness. Add to the equation, a blissful touch of acid pickled-greatness and your taste buds will be thanking you for the rest of your life. The sweet cream was really just there for the aesthetic but hey, I'm not the one to say no to anything sugary !

A really big thanks to the Michael Schwartz Restaurant for having us and spoiling us like they did !




















The Raleigh South Beach
1775 Collins Avenue
Miami Beach, FL, 33139
USA

For reservations please call 305.612.1163
Visa, American Express, MasterCard, Diner’s Club

Hours of operation

BREAKFAST 
Monday - Friday 7AM - 11:30AM; Saturday - Sunday 7AM - 1PM

LUNCH
Noon - 4PM, Daily

BOXED LUNCH at the Beach
11AM - 5PM, Daily

DINNER
Sunday - Thursday 6PM - 11PM; Fri - Sat 6PM - 12AM

BRUNCH
Sunday 7AM - 4PM

MARTINI BAR 
Sunday – Thursday 6PM – 10PM; Friday – Saturday 6PM – 11PM


      


The post Michael Schwartz Restaurant at The Raleigh appeared first on PBTH **

No comments :

Post a Comment

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground