ON MY MIND: Zara Poncho Coat

Thursday, January 8, 2015



One thing I love about the beginning of each year are the incredible sales Zara holds online, reducing every single items from the previous collections to make room for the upcoming trends and pieces. Last year, I got totally crazy about a colorful two-pieces set I have gotten myself and ended up wearing A LOT! in 2014 so I figured this might become one of my new New Year habit ;) 

This time, I fell hard for this mink Poncho from Zara's Fall-Winter 2014 collection (Mink being the colour of the coat and not the material). I love a good cape and this one seem to be perfect for juggling style and comfort during Winter, back where I'm from. The loose-fit is definitely an up and coming trend for the next couple of seasons so it's interesting to own a new piece in that genre. This poncho also feature a round neck and wide cape-style sleeves which aren't exactly my favourite's because it doesn't allow you to carry-on a shoulder bag but hey, that's one of the sacrifices I am willing to make in the name of Fashion ;)

I also like that it closes with a zip since all of my other capes are either button-down or straight open. A functional piece is always welcome in my world (and wardrobe!). I decided to go for a medium because, well, this was the only size left on their Canadian e-store but I'm pretty sure the fit will still be great. My first guest would have been a Small, perhaps, but after discussing this with Fiona Zanetti (she owns the same one!), we agreed that either S or M would be smart picks since there isn't much difference between the two sizes. I absolutely love the way the Zara team styled their cape for this campaign and I will take good notes of it, but I must admit I am particularly excited to try it on with some over-the-knee Stuart Weiztman suede boots, a pair of woven shorts, a nice belt tied around the waist and a beige extra wide-brim fedora. When Spring will show up its nose maybe ?












The post ON MY MIND: Zara Poncho Coat appeared first on PBTH **

1 comment :

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground