Barraca Chic

Sunday, January 11, 2015



This week, Miami has really been good to us, granting us eight gorgeous days of bright sunshine and a refreshing cool wind, which makes me want to share with you guys, yet, some other memories from my experience at last Summer's Miami SWIM week. As I have mentioned before, the first show I got to attend was the Barraca Chic show, a Switzerland-based brand offering luxury swimwear for men and women. I was already familiar with the brand a little but this time, I was going to get to work a little bit closer with it, which truly was one of the highlights of this edition of Miami SWIM week !

After receiving a handful of gorgeous white swimsuits and bikinis from the designers behind the brand, I decided to play swimwear model for a few minutes and had an amazing time trying on and off the beautiful pieces I got to work with. Here are a few images we shot back at Hotel Croydon, poolside. I'm sporting my personal favourite two-pieces set from Barraca Chic's latest collection, the 'Monte Carlo Yacht' bikini. As soon as I saw this bikini, I totally fell for its nautical look and for the cutest braided details of the straps. Bonus points for the braided Lycra straps which are individually adjustable in the back ! I also like that it comes in either white, navy or both colours so you can mix it and match it to you taste. I went for an all-white coastal look with a touch of navy blue details on the straps and at the waist, which I thought was quite chic ;) I paired it with a lime, yellow and blue stencil print cover-up a for a touch of contrast and thought a pair of tan (nude in my case!) wedges from Le Château would blend it just find with the overall look.

Another thing I loved about this Barraca Chic 'Monte Carlo Yacht' bikini was undeniably the comfort side, which is not something you experience often wearing a swimsuit. I personally find swimwear a bit rough on the skin, especially when it's wet but Barraca Chic suits definitely step up the game, catering to both a perfect fit and an incredible softness in the materials used (here, polyamide & elastane). While the brand designs everything back in Switzerland, the swimsuits are actually manufactured in Italy, which speaks loudly in terms of quality ! And when it comes to perfect fitting, the brand surely knows all about it; their designs are so flattering and suit well pretty much any type of body. Being myself not so model-esque by definition with my little curves, I thought the pieces truly revealed my assets, rather than hid my flaws. And well, that's really what I'm actually looking for when I strolling around with very light clothing on ;) Don't you agree ?!

Shop your own version of the Monte Carlo Yacht bikini over here !













The post Barraca Chic appeared first on PBTH **

No comments :

Post a Comment

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground