Backstage at Miami SWIM Week with Pandora

Sunday, January 25, 2015



Happy Sunday everyone !

Apologies for the weekend radio silence but I am still adjusting to my school University/work schedule which is even busier this semester since I'm graduating in May.  It's funny how when I don't get a lot of work done during the weekdays I always feel super guilty and spend all weekend catching up on stuff I believe should have been done by then, but on the opposite side, when I've had a super productive week, I feel like I deserve some me-time and love to spend my weekends along with Karl and our friends. That said, to me Sundays definitely are part of the week; I love getting some work done while the whole rest of the world is still on a mini vacay' and today is no exception ! It gives me a sense of efficiency which I find quite empowering. I just enjoy being on top of my game, that's all ;) Do you ever get that ?

So today, while we're working on the very last details of my Calvin Klein campaign (which is scheduled for tomorrow!), I'd like to share with you the very last bits of my experience at last Summer's Miami Fashion Week SWIM, along with Pandora...

I have had an amazing time covering one of the shows of the week, Suboo, alongside the team and to connect with the Jewelry House fans and followers via a fun Twitter takeover I hosted for the brand. Needless to mention that a backstage experience is always a wonderful opportunity to meet with the masterminds behind all that hard work and to witness the incredible amount of efforts put into such a project. Fashion requires so much dedication and self-involvement, and I don't think there is a better place or time to acknowledge it than a few minutes before the big reveal of countless hours of commitment, hustle and creativity ! I also did a quick interview with Pandora while in Miami (right below!), sharing away my thoughts about the Jewelry House and how it was incorporated into Suboo's runway show, as both brands teamed up during SWIM Week to push the envelop even further and innovate in the way runway presentations are usually accessorized.

Now, I know many of you (especially my fellow Canadian readers!), might feel a little depressed over this bone freezing weather we've got over the past few weeks but believe me when I say, there is light at the end of Winter's tunnel and this year, it is called Suboo Resort 2015 ;) Thing is, people just want to see something different this year and the Australia-based brands definitely met with the consumers expectations. More over, sport luxe is making a big impact into swimwear, along with prints and bright colours, mesh, high-waist bottoms and laser-cut designs. We're just way past the mainstream triangle bikini trend here ! Next season Suboo will be catering your straight-from-the-gym-to-the-beach needs, including details such as zippers and mesh paneling, as well as statement pieces like bomber jackets, not typically seen on swim runways.

I personally thought the presentation showcased what was easily the most editorial collection of Miami SWIM Week's 10th edition and was a true breath of fresh air throughout its futuristic genre. Because the main trend was so bold and chic, Pandora did an amazing job styling the models with fine, delicate, feminine pieces of jewelry, to emphasize the sporty-met-girly vibes of the Suboo show. Quite the perfect Fashion duo we had there !




































Photo credits: Sergi Alexander, Getty Images©


The post Backstage at Miami SWIM Week with Pandora appeared first on PBTH **

No comments :

Post a Comment

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground