The Pure Radiance Alternative

Wednesday, December 10, 2014



For those of you who are following me on Instagram, you might remember that over the month of November, you’ve seen my 30-day skin transformation from using twice-daily Philips new Pure Radiance Sonic Facial cleansing system. When it comes to my face, I want to treat it as good as possible, using the best tools, treatments and products on the market ! As a matter of fact the urban spa, Éveil des Sens, which is one of the most sophisticated retreat in the whole province of Quebec, helps me take good care of my skin twice a month and ever since I was first introduced to their beauty-breakthrough skin treating methods, I've never been visiting another spa. But the thing is, since I can't afford going to the spa every single day, I need something that is going to do a proper job, here at home. And this season, it really starts to feel like a facial-brush war as taken over the whole beauty world, with multiple brands launching their own's, going head-to-head with Clarisonic's revolutionary gadget.

I'm not going to lie, every since Clarisonic launched its skin cleansing device line, I was hooked. I got the Mia 2 which has done such great things for my face. But hey, I am not the type of girl who'll get exactly what she wants and then will stop looking for something more ;) Since my face and its skin is constantly evolving, why can't my cleansing and treating methods do so as well ? And this is really what this article is all about, the alternative.

The Pure Radiance alternative.

So let's look into Philips latest release… From up far, in my opinion, it is nicer looking than most of the other devices and blends much better with my overall beauty counter than my retro-like light pink Mia 2. I like that it comes with a charging base, elegantly complementing the iconic design of the Pure Radiance device. It holds the brush, taking less space and letting air naturally dry the bristles once used , and when connected, it fully charges it in 6 hours top ! No need to leave it there all night and you'll no longer wake up without a functional cleasing tool because you forgot to plug it the night before. The whole thing looks just so chic and sophisticated, you'll want to buy one simply to decorate your bathroom ;)

From up-close, the Philips Pure Radiance comes with two brush heads: one for normal skin for everyday use and an exfoliating brush to gently remove dull and dead skin cells for weekly use. A sensitive skin brush for daily use is available separately but I don't even think it would be necessary, even for the most sensitive skin ever, because the bristles of the normal skin brush are already so soft ! You see, I’ve seen and experienced other brushes on the market with rotating bristles and  some of them just make me quite nervous ;) Take my Mia 2, for instance; I couldn't possibly use it twice-daily because the bristles are so rough. Then again, Clarisonic doesn't recommend to use it two times a day so they're doing their job perfectly here ! That said, I appreciate the fact that I can now use my Pure Radiance cleansing device in the morning and before I go to bed at night. It just feels like my skin is clean all-day and all-night long !

In addition to super soft bristles, the vertical pulsating, rotating and vibrating movements of Philips Pure Radiance gently break up surface impurities including dirt, dead skin cells and make-up residues. Two frequencies of sonic pulses go deep down into skin to further break up impurities lodged into your pores. With cleaner skin, my skin care products are able to penetrate deeper and work even better, which makes my new Pure Radiance device a great add to my skin care regimen. I personally invest a lot(!) in skin care products so it's important and good for me to know that they're 100% effective and that I am getting the most out of my products.

Over time, I started noticing that my skin tone became more radiant and therefore, almost perfectly even without the help of make up. Even though I don't have a problematic skin (I'm not going to lie, it's a real gift and I'm truly thankful for it because I know unfortunately it's not everybody's case!), one of the main issue I had with my complexion was that it wasn't at all even. I definitely used to have redness around my nose and darker spots on the egdes of my face but not anymore. This actually saves me a lot of time when I do my make up in the morning because I no longer have to work on making my skin tone even ;) I was also able to realize HOW MUCH! make up residue was left on my skin when I wasn't using a skin cleansing device. If you want to do the test at home, simply wash off you make up with you hands, using your usual skin cleansing products and then, wash it again, this time using the cleansing device. You'll se on the bristles all of the make up residue that was going to stay on your face and inside your pores if you hadn't use your little gadget. Pretty impressive indeed !

Scroll down for my full skin cleansing routine. 

At a competitive price of $150, the Philips Pure Radiance Sonic Facial cleansing system is definitely a great add-on to any skincare routine and if you invest a lot of time and money in your's, it'll make it even more worth it for you.



























For my Philips Pure Radiance 30-days challenge, I used my usual skincare products to which I added on a few newbies. 

1) I start off by taking off my eye and eyebrow make up with either an eye makeup remover formula or skin cleansing wipes with some in it. Then, I proceed to washing off the rest of my make up with another wipe.

2) Up next, I apply Sothys Paris Vitality cleansing milk all over my face for a gentle, deeper clean. I use Philips Pure Radiance sonic cleansing device over it, as I would normally have done with my hands a few years ago. After one minute, when the Pure Radiance device stops, I rinse off the cleansing milk with a wet washing cloth.

3) Once my skin is all rinsed off and dry, I apply Sothys Paris Vitality tonic lotion all over my face with the help of a cotton pad. I let it dry for about a minute. Then, using another cotton pad, I apply Sothys Paris clarifying correcting serum on some specific areas (T-zone, chin, nose) to reduce excess oil and minimize breakouts.

* Every product I use from Sothys Paris skincare line can be purchased at Éveil des Sens Spa Urbain *

4) Then, depending on the time of the day, I put on a day/night moisturizing cream to replenish my skin and keep it hydrated for at least 12 hours. In the morning, I generally like to use an SPF 25 or 30 sunscreen which will protect my skin from the negative impacts of UVA, UVB and infrared rays. When I'm heading to bed, I either like to use Kinara's Nighttime skin quencher exfoliating hydrator to sort of pack my skin with the good stuff, or Vichy's Normaderm Night Detox gelly formula to purify my skin overnight.


** This post was sponsored by Philips Canada. All thoughts and comment are my own. Special thanks to the Hotel Casa Del Mar in Santa Monica for letting us shoot in their suite ! **




The post The Pure Radiance Alternative appeared first on PBTH **

No comments :

Post a Comment

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground