STYLE FILE: GUESS Spring 2015

Friday, November 21, 2014



The other day, I had the pleasure of re-discovering the essence of GUESS, attending their Spring 2015 presentation in hope of finding some pre-seasonal inspiration. Let's just say that with the snow hitting Montreal over the past weekend, dreaming about Spring has been one of my main occupation lately ;) Just kidding ! I love how GUESS manages to transform and develop its branding and image with time, and how the brand reinvent itself year after year. Lucky for us, I spied with my little eyes some gorgeous trends for the upcoming season and couldn't wait to share the news with you guys…

For Spring 2015, GUESS re-esthablished the 'Safari' trend by modernizing it with some pretty serious eastern influences. We'll see a lot of kimonos-like silhouettes, either painted with beautiful tropical flowers prints such as hibiscus, or coming in nice camp colours; khaki, sand & olive. I am a particularly huge fan of jungle prints as I think it looks absolutely fabulous on everyone ! This is mostly what we'll find in my wardrobe next season.

Another surprise from GUESS this year is their 'Full Moon' inspired collection, showcasing brightly coloured tribal prints and neon's. I was happily shocked to spot some of my favourite materials among the iridescent pieces such as neoprene, which I believe will definitely be back in 2015. We're only beginning to discover everything that we can do with the texture and I sure hope GUESS will reveal some new twist of how to use it & how to wear it !

Of course, a GUESS collection wouldn't be complete without a full denim line, including some of the brand's best-sellers of all times; classic denim jackets, long-sleeves/short-sleeves/sleeveless jumpsuits and overalls, and GUESS infamous high-waisted denim short shorts. The difference, this year, is that denim comes in some pretty interesting washes which creates a wide range of selection among one single style. The brand also incorporated distressed denim, lightly acid washes and metallic zipper detailing, giving a more rocker-chic feel to the collection.

Last but not least, I absolutely love that GUESS is bringing back the 'Bohemian' trend with looser fits,  crochet detailing and fringes everywhere ! And God knows, when it comes to fringe, I am all in. One of my favourite pieces from the whole collation happened to be the suede fringed high-heel sandals in black or tan. These are true essentials for a Spring wardrobe and really can be paired with anything. I also fell hard for the white embroidered sleeveless fringed vest which totally screamed Coachella. Will I see you guys there next year..? ;)



























The post STYLE FILE: GUESS Spring 2015 appeared first on PBTH **

No comments :

Post a Comment

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground