In Custo Barcelona for NYFW, Day 3

Thursday, November 13, 2014



As I've mentioned a couple times here and there, I love playing dress up with Custo Barcelona for their shows and this season's NYFW was no exception. Unlike last season, the weather in Manhattan was nice and warm, which allowed me to pull a beautifully made jungle printed silk-like jumpsuit instead of the whole sweater dress/faux-fur coat combo. Needless to say I was ecstatic, not only to get to wear something so chic and comfortable, but also something that would totally look awesome on pictures.

These were taken during a stroll on the Upper West Side, not to far from the Hotel Bellelclaire where Karl and I stayed the whole week. I love the contrast of colours between nice shades of violet, icy blue, greens and navy. An outfit I've been told, I could easily pull off with my skin tone. Yay melanin ;) This jumpsuit was part of Custo Barcelona's Fall-Winter 2014 collection, which I actually got to witness live  last February. Now, who thinks of a strapless viscose jumpsuit as an ideal Fall piece ? A total genius, I believe. Let me explain… While this garment is pretty easy to dress-up with a nice jacket, a scarf and a béret, it is just perfect for that last-minute escapade you'll book when the weather will really start going down ! I feel like it could totally be a Cruise collection statement piece but as far as being a Fall-Winter item, I like the whole Jet-Set vibe of the suit, ready to take off for the Bahamas of South of France.

Here, I dressed up the jumpsuit with a simple pair of black high-heeled sandals and a nice mate eggshell clutch from Karen Millen, made of perforated leather, a texture and fabric I'm currently obsessed with ;) If you are following me on Insatgram, you probably noticed that a bunch of Pandora jewelry completed my look, including their new 'Mi Amor' black onyx heart shaped necklace, their stack of 'Darling Daisies' white enamel rings, their 'Shimmering Lace' earrings and some various charm bracelets. Oh, and these orangy-lips, courtesy of Rouge Dior's Rendez-Vous !














     



1 comment :

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground