FOOD: Healthy Chocolate Treat

Tuesday, November 18, 2014



When it comes to food, I would be lying if I told you I don't indulge. I do, all the time ! I try to find a balance by keeping myself active; walking a lot, going to the gym about three to four times a week, preferring staircases to escalators… But above all, I think my best asset, as a total foodie, is the fact that I don't splurge. I will be the one trying out everything on the menu but only in small portions. Guess I'm just not able to deprive myself from anything that might be totally delicious (you have to try to know, right?!) and I must confess that, whenever it's time to eat, I always get the biggest FOMO's ;)

Lately, I'll admit it, I have been slacking of the 'staying active' part of my daily routine and I started noticing a few changes on my body. I've gained weight, here I said it ! But hey, no need to panic here, I simply need to find a healthy! way to deal with those extra pounds. Since I happen to be quite busy at the moment, which is WHY I haven't gone to the gym (not because I was too lazy or anything!), I tried to think of a good way to compensate. A few days ago, as I was browsing my morning Bloglovin' feed, I stumble upon the lovely Shea Marie's personal diary where she suggested a healthy alternative to one of my favourite dessert, chocolate pudding. Shea is absolutely right; healthier alternatives are the perfect solution to any type of cravings, especially during the Holidays. So I thought I'd share with you one of her recipe I tried myself, slightly reviewed and totally LOVED !

Ingredients (makes 3-4 servings)
1/4 cup of chia seeds
1 cup of vanilla almond milk
1/4 cup of plain Greek yogurt
1 tbsp cacao powder
1 tbsp dehydrated coconut
1/8 tsp salt
1/2 tsp cinnamon
Pure stevia to taste (you can use another sweetener such as agave nectar or honey)
Favourite fruits for topping

Directions
1) In medium bowl thoroughly whisk together all ingredients except yogurt. Chia seeds will start to gel. 2) Stir in the yogurt. 
3) Cover bowl with plastic wrap and place in fridge overnight or for at least an hour.
4) We ready, pour the chia pudding into serving dishes.
5) Top with the fruit of your choice and enjoy !




Photo credits: Peace Love Shea©





The post FOOD: Healthy Chocolate Treat appeared first on PBTH **

No comments :

Post a Comment

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground