BEAUTY STOP: French Girls

Tuesday, November 18, 2014



The other day, Neada, new Managing Editor at Garance Doré Studio, was teaching me all about French girls and the casual but always so chic vibe they carry around. Especially during the Holidays, getting ready seems like the biggest effort ever, and don't even get me started on those extravagant nights out, Christmas parties and corporate dinners ! During the Summer time, I like to go out bare skin and I can actually afford minimal makeup because the sun gives my skin such a nice glow and even tone. During Winter, that is a whole other story… My complexion tends to get lighter, not that's an issue or anything, but it becomes more gray-greenish. Definitely not the sun-kissed skin I love so much ;) Plus, it gets dryer, uneven and sometimes I get totally random redness around my nose and on my chin.

I definitely think we can learn a thing or two from the French girls here, as I have notice from carefully observing the foreign students at my school (those from France, of course!). They always look so pumped up with their fresh skin and red lips. I totally want that too ! So I thought, why not try it out by combining two huge beauty trends of the hour, I particularly enjoy myself: Red lips & 'No makeup' makeup.

Face
You may have noticed from previous beauty stories that when it comes to foundation, I am a huge fan of Make Up Forever's HD foundation line. However on these picture, I preferred a foundation with much less coverage to achieve a more natural look by letting my freckles show a little bit: Maybelline New York's Dream Wonder Liquid Touch foundation in Pure Beige. I absolutely adore this foundation as it turns from liquid to powder in a matter of seconds when I apply it ! It's super light and creates a nice matte finish for my skin.

Eyebrows/Cheeks
I did my eyebrows as usual (read about it over here!) and added a touch of Benefit Cosmetics Hoola bronzing powder on my cheeks. I personally would consider the Hoola powder as much more of a beige/nude blush powder since it has no shimmer in it; this is mainly why I went for this one to create a natural dimension to my cheeks. I then proceeded to highlight my cheekbones with Benefit Cosmetics Watt's Up soft focus highlighter, and blended the two products together to unify my cheeks.

Lips
Of course, the most fun part of this French Girl makeup was definitely building solid red lips. I didn't think going for a bright red lipstick would be appropriate during the day so I opted for a favourite of mine; Guerlain's KISS KISS Shaping Cream lipstick in Forever Brown. I find the colour perfect for this time of the year and just bold enough for a day of meetings or classes. As this is a darker shade, I would recommend using a lip pencil to contour my lips (I used No Bleeding Lips secret lip liner).

This beauty look has definitely been my go-to makeup for the past week and I have a feeling I'll be relying on it a LOT! over the next months ;)







The post BEAUTY STOP: French Girls appeared first on PBTH **

No comments :

Post a Comment

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground