In Miami for SWIM Week with Le Château

Thursday, October 23, 2014



Finally ! Today is a very exciting day for me because I finally get to share with you guys some of my best moments from this past Summer. I seriously thought I'd never get to tell you all about this incredible time Karl & I had in Miami for SWIM Week, back in July… Thing is, we got caught up in so many other projects along the way and I didn't just wanted to blab my way throughout all this amazing content and beautiful images. I wanted to find time to be able to describe every single experience and encounters I have had the opportunity to enjoy while down South. So let's start with the beginning… Every year, a series of notorious events is making it’s way into our agendas and fully packed schedules, moving the Fashion industry forward and bringing us all together, celebrating this one thing we all have in common. As an influencer & Fashion blogger, I believe it is my duty to report from the runway, season after season, allowing my worldwide-readership to get a sneak peek of every upcoming trends and collections. Besides, being a guest of IMG Fashion & the Mercedes-Benz SWIM week itself truly is an honour no one can refuse ! While abroad, I always love to bring along something that reminds me of home, something from here in Canada, where I’m based and currently live. I’m not talking here about family pictures or a lucky penny, but about something rather more cultural. Local Fashion. It is well-known, Le Château is today, selling to customers in Canada, United States, Unites Arab Emirates, and Saudi Arabia, but it all started here in Montreal. When the brand accepted to partially sponsor my experience at Miami SWIM week, I was just ecstatic and couldn’t wait to come back with amazingly fabulous stories to share with you, their audience and loyal clientele! Every step I took on this journey was to be remembered forever…


Starting with the shoes! Who doesn’t love shoes? For those of you who don’t already know about my personal blog, it is named after a brief description of myself: Petite Brunette en Talons Hauts. If there is no further question regarding my unconditional love for shoes, I would like to continue by saying this, I haven’t been that impressed by a shoe brand in ages and I thought Le Château’s shoe line really catered to all of my needs when it comes to footwear: comfort, style, quality and price. And with these four amazing components, I walked throughout the Raleigh Hotel, where all of the SWIM week action was held, from runway shows, to backstage, to collection previews, to press events…



On the very first day, I was a guest of Barraca Chic as they unofficially opened SWIM week. I even got to sneak in, backstage, to snap a few shots at their latest swimsuits & resort collection (to be launch in Spring 2015!), and of course, to meet three up-and-coming supermodels, Ivana Korab, Rachell Martell and Valentina Ferrer. Inspiration for the new Resort Collection stemmed from The God's and Goddesses of ancient Greece, which were highlighted with Greek meanders, asymmetrical silhouettes and metallic gold rhombus prints. Truly one of a kind !





My favourite show from SWIM week day 2, was the highly anticipated Wildfox Swim runway show. Wildfox was originally a vintage-inspired women’s knitwear brand based in Los Angeles that, with time, continued to develop its lifestyle brand with a wide range of intimates, swim, and sun accessories.


On the runway as well as off-runway, Wildfox Couture Swimwear brings out the rebel in all of us with their amazing sense of aestheticism, humour and, or course, Fashion ! Several themes ran through the Wildfox 2015 collection including the 90's inspired sporty girls à la Baywatch, the wildflower girls with their flowers embroidered two-pieces suits & the funny girls with their silly pop-art graphic one pieces. Definitely one of the best show of this year's SWIM week !



The incredible talent of renowned designer Mara Hoffman, presenting her Resort 2015 collection, marked day three of SWIM week. With film director and producer Michael Bay sitting on my left, stylist Lysa Cooper on my right, I watch, stunned & amazed, Hoffman's runway, which was inspired by her recent travels to Guatemala, where she was inspired by the beautiful people, art, textiles, culture and landscape.


This season featured a fresh take on a predominantly reversible swim collection. Standout pieces included a front lace-up bikini top with matching high waisted bottoms, cut-out one pieces with intricate beading and a pair of drop waist pants with a mash-up of three signature prints. In true, Hoffman style was all about the details !





Day four was all about a cool new up-and-coming Australian brand named Suboo. I was personally invited backstage to meet with the lovely designer, Sue Di Chio, by the team of Pandora who was also sponsoring all of the show’s accessories. Needless to say that I was particularly looking forward to swim season 2015 after attending this show.

      

Great, flattering cuts and trusty prints set the tone, unveiling the strapless high-waist bikini as the hero cut in the collection. On-runway, bikinis were worn with visors and white two-strap pool slides, a sure sign that the Suboo girl is planning to spend her Summer poolside !


      

And finally, my week of bikinis and Fashion was coming to an end, leaving me to my computer with a bunch of many many articles to write-up and a lot of pictures to upload on Instagram. I had the best time discovering what was coming up for us next Summer and I am definitely looking forward to Miami SWIM week’s next edition. A special thanks to Le Château who helped me make that week a huge success, one pair of shoes at the time !

Photo credits:  ©Barraca Chic, ©Frazer Harrison, ©Laforce + Stevens, ©Sergi Alexander


This post appeared first on Petite Brunette en Talons Hauts **

No comments :

Post a Comment

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground